Meet The Team
Currently, Roderick is also the CEO of Living Lotus Wellness Center, a busy and growing wellness clinic providing medical, auto injury and wellness massage therapy and acupuncture in the Northgate neighborhood of North Seattle.
- Holds an active SPHR Certification from the HR Certification Institute.
- Will complete an ICF (International Certification Federation) Professional Certified Coaching certification in Q1 of 2017.
- Enjoyed over ten years in three small software start-up companies providing technical sales and software training for life scientists, engineers and medical researchers engaged in health and life sciences research projects and large scale product development efforts.
- Honed his listening and communications skills in the corporate learning and associate development environment, in both the Operations Learning and Human Resources divisions for a large, multi-state Health Insurance company. In various positions and roles, he provided corporate wide eLearning consulting, design and development services as well as training project management services for the entire Corporate Services Division (including Legal & Regulatory, Compliance & Ethics, Corporate Communications, Human Resources, Finance and others).
- Facilitated coaching and management skills programs and courses for front line leaders (team leaders & managers).
- Project managed large scale, enterprise wide system upgrade training efforts, including one project where he led a team that delivered ten eLearning courses and one instructor led course with VERY tight timeframes. The Chief Information Officer (CIO) at the time described the rollout as “A practically flawless system implementation and training effort.”
- Redesigned Premera Blue Cross’s company wide Lean Leader Training Program (20 modules, that each had a Powerpoint Presentation and a Workbook) targeted at team leaders, managers, directors, VP’s and SVPs. This was a highly visible and important project for both the Learning & Development Department and for Premera’s effort to disseminate Lean across all departments and divisons at Premera, and was a huge success.
- Managed (as a team leader) a diverse team (7 direct reports) of curriculum developers, eLearning developers and training coordinators/analysts. Managed the day to day team activities of organizing, prioritizing and assigning incoming training development requests, both from outside and inside the learning and development department. He managed his team and direct report annual goals and development plans, as well as coached team members through challenges and roadblocks and addressed performance issues.
Roderick’s hobbies are singing (lead vocals), hiking, meditating, outdoor activities, enjoying hot springs and acting as a “bridge” to anyone wanting a more powerful, fulfilling, amazing life through the processes of coaching. Roderick enjoys establishing relationships, creating safety, inviting the spirit of play, sharing humor, focusing on individual growth, improving communications, implementing behavior change and setting and achieving goals.